Join the League
Help us make democracy work
Who are the members?
Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to women AND MEN
of all ages.
Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
Why should I join?
Through participation in League projects, you will
- contribute valuable service to the community
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics
- discover new interests, develop new skills and learn about crucial issues in our community
- make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests
How much time does it take?
It's up to you! Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study, or listening to a panel of experts at a meeting or just reading about them in one of our publications. We always can use more help with one of our Committees such as Voter Services or our Observer Corps. See the Help Wanted page
for specific suggestions.
What do I get?
You automatically become a member of LWV Delaware
and LWV of the United States
. Also, you will receive the newsletter from the Sussex County League of Women Voters called, The Sussex County Voter
, which is usually published twice a year. You will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
How do I join?
It's easy! Print and fill out the form
then mail it to us with your check. Contact us here
to ask for a membership packet or for other questions.
If you prefer to donate to us without joining the League, we would appreciate your support. You may also wish to Join and Donate.
Give a Membership Gift
Give a Membership Gift
. Consider making a gift of membership to a special person in your life.
- A daughter, son, spouse or partner. The community needs everyone's participation in order to be a strong, safe, fair and vibrant place to live. You can add a member of your household for only $25 more than what you've already paid for your individual membership. If the person is a student the cost is only $20.
- A friend You love the League; a friend who loves the same things you do will probably also love it.
- A colleague at work. Together we can effect change on the local, state and national levels.
- A recently retired or just about to be retired friend or colleague. Retirement doesn't need to mean the end of productivity. Retirement offers us the time to work to make things better in our community and in our nation.